In anticipation of the release of Heart of Lavora,here’s a little interview with the main character, Skye. Enjoy!
Name: Skye Lockhart
Appearance: Long auburn hair, teal eyes, short frame, beautiful
Personality: Intelligent, studious, kind, brave, self-reliant, and protective of those she loves.
The perfect actress to play the role of Skye would be Jane Levy.
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
- When I was younger, I loved Beauty and the Beast. It taught me to see people for who they are inside, rather than what they look like on the outside. But I don’t believe in fairy tales anymore. Life isn’t all hearts and roses like most fairy tales portray. Loved ones leave, and those you should be able to trust can hurt you. You can’t just sit back and expect a prince to come save you.
- If you could have one wish, what would it be?
- I’d want to see my parents again. They died on my seventeenth birthday, and I never got the chance to say goodbye.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Right now, my ex. He’s insane, and won’t stay away from me. He’s also incredibly violent. To be honest, I’m not sure what I ever saw in him. Maybe I thought there was a good guy under his bad boy exterior. Boy, was I wrong!
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- Superpower? Well…if they were real, I guess it would be cool to move things with my mind. Maybe hear the thoughts of others. But they’re not, so… next question.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- I know this is going to sound stupid, but I wish I could tan. I can spend hours out in the sun, with no sunscreen, and my skin doesn’t change at all. It doesn’t burn, tan, or even get any freckles. I’m sure there are people out there that would think it would be great to have that, but frankly, it’s annoying.
- What’s your biggest personality flaw?
- That one depends on who you ask. I’d say it’s that I’m a bit anti-social, and would rather spend my time working on finishing college and listening to music than going out. My cousin Hanna says it’s that I’m stubborn. She thinks I refuse to ask for help with anything because I’m afraid. But really, I just like to be independent.
- Do you have any secrets?
- Aside from the fact that I haven’t told my aunt and uncle about my ex, I don’t have any. I’ve kept secrets for other people, but that’s about it.
- Describe your ideal date.
- Something simple. Maybe dinner and a movie. It doesn’t have to be fancy. As long as we can talk easily, and that spark is there, it would be great.
- What do you look for in a guy?
- Someone I can talk to, someone that will treat me like an equal. Obviously there has to be an attraction, but I don’t really have a specific look that I go for. Oh, and he can’t be vain. I don’t care how good-looking he is, if he acts like he’s God’s gift to women, I’m out.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- I believe you can feel an instant connection with someone, but I’m not sure if it’s love. I’d like to think it exists. Hanna claims she fell in love with her boyfriend when they first met, but I’m still on the fence about it. If it ever happens to me, I’ll let you know.
Keep an eye out for more information on the characters from the novel. Heart of Lavora will be available April 3!